Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Arna,

Did you buy a carepak on it? With a carepak, they'll send you a replacement but remember all these products are coming from China so it may take at least 2 weeks. Carepaks will mandate they keep a spare on your country or in Australia for quick shipment to you( HP 3 year Next Business Day Onsite Hardware Support w/Accidental Damage
Protection-G2 for Notebooks)

But back to your main issue, did you have the proper power plugs? NZ uses a different power cord and this might have blitzed your board. If this is the case, HP will not replace you laptop. 

HP Recommended

Battery charge cycle doesn’t begin until it is discharged below 95%. 95% - Once a battery enters a charge cycle, it will always charge fully to 100% before the charge state ceases. Please try to leave the system until it is discharged below 90% and then try to charge it.

I work for HP. All opinions and comments are my own.

HP Recommended

That makes sense. All of my issues  have been when the battery was between 95%-100% but when I originally bought my laptop it was always plugged in so I couldn't understand why it wouldn't fully charge. I think HP has fixed the updates that display more accurate battery ratings in Windows 10 and I now update each device driver individually after every major Windows Update(1604, 1703, etc.)

HP Recommended
Please refer this article for a another notebook. The technology is pretty much the same

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02957869
I'm an HP employee
Please click the 'Thumbs up' button to say Thanks
Click 'Accept as Solution' ,if it solves your problem
HP Recommended

Ok, well that worked, but for someone with a new machine disconcerting to see that battery not charging.  Needs to clearly show that if not <94% or whatever that it won't say charging...  

HP Recommended

Since 15 G3 has a not removable battery you will need to do the following.
From Device manager unistall the two drivers for battery

Then right click on the name of the PC (same screen) and select Scan for hardware changes.
System will identify the battery and reinstall the drivers.

Check on the battery icon that is charging.

Worked for me.

HP Recommended

The actions detailed in the document you have linked to do not reflect the actions which I am seeing on my machine.

I am seeing the following message in the system tray: "95% available (plugged in, not charging)".

This has not changed for most of the day since I first noticed it.

I'm using Windows 10 (1809)

HP Recommended

Hello, 

Were you ever able to fix your battery issue after all?

I am having the same problem. 

Please reply at your convenience.

Thank you! 

HP Recommended

This is closed for my issue. The unit stops charging temporarily when full or next max...probably to preserve battery longevity. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.