Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Please look at the followig Custoemr Advisory.

1. The System BIOS should be upgarded to at least v1.07. I would recommended the latest one 'v1.14". After upgarding it, please set the factory settings and make sure Intel DPTF is enabled.

2. Install Intel HP DPTF driver.

This information is in the CA.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c05151500

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response, MSLEEE, but that solution solves a different problem.

Please read the problem in the first message posted in this thread.

--D

HP Recommended

I did the following things to prevent the fans from oscillating:

- upgraded BIOS from 1.03 to 1.14.

- upgraded to the last  Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework driver

- put processor max load to 95% and putting both energy schema's at 'passive cooling' as previously mentioned 

Nothing really works. At the moment the fans ar started they give a fluctuating 'whine'.

I noticed that the 'whine' is not really invoked by oscillation between both fans. You can hear quite clearly that the fans are instructed to spin up and down by the controlling software.

So it is really needed that HP is going to adress this problem and solve it by changing something at the fan controlling software!

Should I send in an HP support ticket for this?

HP Recommended

Hi RBolt, yes please send in a HP support ticket for this. I don't think anyone has done yet.

-D

HP Recommended

I contacted hp at the time. But it seemed there was no software solution available at the time. All they could do, was to check the hardware of the machine I purchased. 

HP Recommended
I have 32 studio G3's here... They all have this fluctuating fan speed. I am convinced the software is just changing the fan speeds too frequently with every little burst of cpu activity. So far I don't think anyone at HP even realizes what we're complaining about.
HP Recommended

If the BIOS and Intel DPTF did not help this, please call HP Support.

HP Recommended
I already did. But no reply yet.
HP Recommended

What is the WFM case #? Please have the case owner escalate the case to next level.

HP Recommended

Where did you find Bios 1.14 for the Studio G3? Highest/newest I see is 1.13.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.