Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

you can download and install BIOS 1.14 for the Studio with SDM (www.hp.com/go/sdm). But also on the web, at

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=8934841&swItemId=ob_173776_1&swEnvOid=405...

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Just wanted to chime in and say my new Probook 450 G3 has the exact same issue with the fan, the problem is not just limited to your ZBooks.

Probook 450 G3 Overactive Fan

HP Recommended

Hey folks,

Sorry I haven't jumped in on this one sooner. (I'll try and not to let you down again.)

The issue with the Studio fans ramping up and down may be almost inaudable, but it is distracting in a quiet environment.

We are aware of it and engineering will be focusing some attention on it. I believe there is a problem with the fan's ramping tables in the BIOS.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
HP Recommended

Thanks iMaxx! For context, I messaged him about this issue maybe 5 hours ago, tops. This kind of quick response is really cool to see.

HP Recommended
iMaxx if your team finds a solution, could you please implement it into other notebook ranges, like the Probook 450 G3? I think this issue is a bit more widespread.
HP Recommended

@sg123 wrote:
iMaxx if your team finds a solution, could you please implement it into other notebook ranges, like the Probook 450 G3? I think this issue is a bit more widespread.

I would be more than happy to pass this to engineering!

I am an HP Employee
-----
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
HP Recommended
You're a good dude, hopefully they take note.
HP Recommended

If your Probook 450 has a Gen 6 Intel CPU, then the fix is being applied there too. 🙂

I am an HP Employee
-----
HP Recommended

Bios 1.14 seems to prevent downgrade after installing.

I'de like to go back to Bios 1.12 but seem to be running into a 'bios update denied by system policy' message when I attempt...

Any idea how to bypass this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.