Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Zbook 15u g6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I have HP Zbook 15u G6 and I am having issued with BSOD message "thread stuck in device driver". The issue is being persisten for a couple of months now. I tried everything - deleting and updating graphic card drivers, clean windows installation etc. Based on BlueScreenView report it looks like that the issue is with AMD Radeon Pro WX3200 graphic card.

Can anyone help me solve this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I tried everything and without any luck. Do you think that graphic card is corrupt?

131426679_209216520758589_8199581177016402729_n.jpg

HP Recommended

Anyone?

HP Recommended

I finally found our what the problem is. I use HP Zbook 15u G6 and the problem is in switchable graphics. I had to install old Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.11.1 driver which has switchable graphics menu available and after manually setting Photoshop to run on high performance with AMD graphic card no bsod thread stuck in device driver occurred.

My concern is that this fix only works with old Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.11.1 driver, all the newer drivers do not have switchable graphic menu anymore. I also tried with Graphics settings of windows 10 but they do not work, bsod still occurs. So, currently my only fix would be to use old Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.11.1 driver and manually set adobe programs to run on high performance AMD graphic card.

dfsdfd.PNG

Did someone have the same issue? I dont know why HP doesnt offer any support for this. I bought an expensive laptop and this error is a major problem for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.