Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Thanks man, but doesn't seem to be working with me.

When I install the driver

(downloaded it from here: https://drivers.windows10download.com/w10-asmedia-usb3-1-extensible-host-controller-driver-1-16-35-1...)

all my usb ports stop working.

I have tried all 3 options:

- ASMedia USB3.0 eXtensible Host Controller

- ASMedia USB3.1 eXtensible Host Controller

- ASMedia USB3.1 eXtensible Host Controller (ASM1143)

HP Recommended

I used the version downloaded from HP via the Softpaq Download Manager.  That'd be the only ones I'd recommend since it's distributed by HP.

For me, the moment that things started to work was after I got rid of Citrix Receiver and then also made sure I'd fully Uninstalled all versions of ASMedia drivers first (confirming they were fully gone) and then reinstalling.

HP Recommended

So I have uninstalled the ASMedia USB Host Controller driver completely run the HP SoftPaq Manager and installed the latest ASMedia Driver. What confuses me is that in the devicemanager it lists a different driver than in the HP SP Manager.

But after all it still doesn't work for me....

eXtensible_02.jpg

eXtensible.jpg

HP Recommended

Well, I thought we were fixed, but I've found some more odd behavior.

Running recommended driver versions, screen flashing was resolved UNTIL attaching a third display to the dock.  2 DisplayPort to DVI and one VGA.  The screen flashing with three connected returned on one or all monitors, seemingly randomly.  It also occurred IN BIOS/DRIVELOCK!  Not driver related at all.  This is running 1.09 on a ZBook 17 G3.

I've run both the recommended versions as well as the latest available from Nvidia/Intel.  The issue appearing in the BIOS certainly has me believing that this is not a driver issue.

I was able to completely resolve the issue with another workaround.  In the BIOS I set the graphics settings from "Auto" to "Discrete", disabling the integrated Intel HD 530 video.  Of course, this makes the second work around that we have to put in place on these laptops for them to be functional.  Running the Quadro all the time will likely reduce battery life, but for the moment I can swallow that. 

HP Recommended

I've not run into that issue (I've got a 4K connected via USB-C to DP cable, a 2560x1920 connected via DP, and a 1920x1080 connected via VGA to the dock), but then the first thing I do when I get these laptops is put them in Discrete Graphics mode (easiest way to ensure I've got the NVidia card I paid premium for actually acting as the primary graphics on all my CAD applications).

HP Recommended

Any updated information about when Bios 1.11 is available through the SoftPaq Download Manager (or as a downloadable SoftPaq)?

I don't know why, but I'm failing to update to 1.11 with an USB-key. I followed the instructions, but the only option I see when selecting local media is to downgrade to 1.06. 

HP Recommended

MLangmayer, i am running a tablet (X2 1012) with the Thunderbolt dock, and you can see the ASMedia USB controllers of the dock listed in my Device manager, as well as the Intel USB Hub entries built-into the Intel chipset

2016-07-08 08_15_32-Device Manager.png

You need to follow the recommendations and make sure you have installed the latest drivers required for the dock, listed previously on this post

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

@D95ANDEK wrote:

I don't know why, but I'm failing to update to 1.11 with an USB-key. I followed the instructions, but the only option I see when selecting local media is to downgrade to 1.06. 

I just put the 1.11 bios under C:\Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\NEW instead of a USB and it worked fine for me.

HP Recommended

@houston_hts wrote:

@D95ANDEK wrote:

I just put the 1.11 bios under C:\Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\NEW instead of a USB and it worked fine for me.

Thank you. Unfortunately this did not work for me. Still the same options.

HP Recommended

@D95ANDEK wrote:

Thank you. Unfortunately this did not work for me. Still the same options.

The only other thing I can think of is that 1.11 was specific to zbook studio G3 15 - is that the machine you have?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.