Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have not had the flickering issues on 1.09 either. Also running CAD software and 1.10 was absolutely unusable for me. 

For what its worth I also have a usb recording/audio interface and it would stop working in 1.10 but works flawlessly in 1.09.  

HP Recommended

I'm glad I checked as I was going to try to update the BIOS on my Zbook Studio to 1.13, but will now hold off.

The transition from operating off the dock to back on the dock is anything by smooth, though that is still better than the keyboard / mouse issues.

HP Recommended

Hey Folks,

HP is dedicated to delivering quality products to meet our customer’s needs. We are listening to customer feedback on our recently released Thunderbolt Dock for use with the latest ZBooks and Elite Notebook products. We continue to work with our customers to address any issues.

Please find guidance and updates to enhance your use of the HP Thunderbolt Dock.

1. The Thunderbolt dock uses latest thunderbolt technology. For it to be fully functional, it requires the latest firmware, BIOS and drivers to function properly. Please follow step by step process as shown below in “Process for updating your unit”.
  2. Below are links to the user’s guide, Technical white paper and Using & Troubleshooting guides. Please use these to help when you have issues after you have fully updated your unit and dock as instructed above. Please note that you may have to cut and paste some of the links into your browser.
  3. If you still have issues, please call HP support. We are here and very interested in help you be successful in using the HP new Thunderbolt Dock.

Helpful Links

Users Guide: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=11122586&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c0...

Using & Troubleshooting the Dock:  www.hp.com\support\thunderbolt3dock

Process for updating your unit

NOTE: Below instructions can also be found in Users Guide “Getting Started” à “Setting up the dock” à “Step 2: Updating your computer”

Before connecting the dock to your computer, update the BIOS, software, and drivers on your computer.

NOTE: If you do not do this, the dock might not work. For optimal performance, keep all software and drivers on your computer updated. (See Table 1)

To update the BIOS and the software and drivers:

1. Go to http://www.hp.com/support. Select Get software and drivers, enter your computer model number (located on the computer service label), and then select Find my product.
  2. Click the link for your specific computer, select your operating system, and then download the latest

BIOS, software, and drivers as follows: Intel® Thunderbolt Firmware Update Utility, Intel Thunderbolt

Secure Connect Driver, graphics drivers, ASMedia eXtensible Host Controller Driver, Broadcom Ethernet

Controller Driver, and Conexant USB Driver.

1. Install the latest BIOS.
  2. Restart the computer.
  3. Install the latest Intel Thunderbolt Secure Connect Driver.
  4. Restart the computer.
  5. Install the latest Intel Thunderbolt Firmware Update Utility
  6. Restart the computer.
  7. Install all remaining updates in any order. Restart the computer after each update.

Table 1

For all HP Thunderbolt Dock Supported Products

Component Name

Category on Product Support Page on hp.com

Where to Verify (this pertains to all notebooks)

BIOS

(BIOS)

Bios F10 Setup à System Information

Intel Thunderbolt Secure Connect Driver

(Driver - Controller)

Right click Thunderbolt Tray Icon à Settings à Details.

Intel® Thunderbolt™ Firmware Update Utility

(Firmware)

Right click Thunderbolt Tray Icon à Settings à Details. Note that numbers to left will not be directly reflected. NVM Firmware Version: 16 PD Firmware Version: 1.07.03

Intel Graphics Driver

(Driver - Graphics)

Right click on desktop à Graphics Properties (intel icon) à Options & Support à Information Center.

NVIDIA Graphics Driver

(Driver - Graphics - Nvidia)

Right click on desktop à NVIDIA control panel à System Information at bottom left.

AMD Graphics Driver

(Driver - Graphics)

Right click on desktop à Graphics Properties (at top) à Information à Software.

ASMedia eXtensible Host Controller Driver

(Driver - Chipset)

Programs & Features or Device Manager à Universal Serial Bus Controllers (Requires Dock to be plugged in).

Broadcom Ethernet Controller Driver

(Driver - Network)

Device Manager à Network adaptors (Requires Dock to be plugged in).

Conexant Audio USB Driver

(Driver - Audio)

Device Manager à Sound, video and game controllers (Requires Dock to be plugged in).

BPPSQ –

I Work on behalf of HP

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

@BPPSQ

Thanks for the update.  I consider your response to be a consolidation of information posted by iMaxx, soccer_dan, and the folks on this forum.

I just want confirm this is not a stopping point for HP, since it has been flagged as a solution.  There is still much work to be done on the known open issues with the Zbook dock.  I hope I don't come across as not appreciative, I just want to see continued progress to a final solution.  It would be nice to see comments from the HP team acknowledging the findings in this forum, so we know the comments are going directly into fixes.

HP Recommended

Having the same troubles with two Z15 G3 and docks where keyboard can't be connected to dock because of problems mentioned before.

Keyboard issues we solve at the moment by connecting them to computer instead of dock, and then we wait for new Bios from HP to fix this...
If it takes to long I guess we will revert to 1.09 Bios to see if it solves the problem...

The keybord that we have problems with is Microsoft Sculpt when the reciever is in the dock and we also had it with a Razer keyboard (wired).

We also still have problems with screens going black fore some users and still some occational BSOD and this is not normal for new HP products so definitely not a stable platform at the moment.

HP Recommended

I do not see this as a solution at all.
These are supposed to be business level computers. I expect them to work in a business environment - out of the box.
This is clearly not the case.
We buy dozens of these, having to spend hours of extra work just go get them to work is a joke.
I cannot see us keep buying these computers as they're not business ready whatsoever.

I have seen some bad models from HP over the years but these ones takes the cake.

HP Recommended

Has anyone had any issues with the ethernet connection dropping in and out similarlly to the way the usb issues were behaving?

I've been experiencing  some drops in connecting to VPN at work...and chaulked it up to the VPN sucking; but I now have had issues uploading things to FTP transfer sites where it will drop midway through the upload. 

Also, I just unplugged my ethernet cable from the doc and put it directly into the laptop and my internet speed seems 50% faster. 

Could the eathernet drivers be doing the same lock up that is going on with the usb? 

I am running 1.09 bios(already downgraded from 1.10) and Broadcom Eathernet Controller - 17.4.01 A2 and Intel I219LM/V Gigabit Ethernet Driver - 12.13.17.7 A1. 

HP Recommended

This is great information on how to work around the problem for our IT dept. Please let us know when HP has delivered a fix that can be implemented on a user level. Till then we will not be deploying the G3 as a solution for our office.

HP Recommended

Using the Zbook Dock with an external USB DVD drive creates I/O errors when reading.  Using that same drive directly attached to the Zbook 15 G3 has no issues.  I have the latest drivers and firmware, but reverted to BIOS 1.09 to bypass the USB issues, go figure.  Not worth debugging, just confirming another issue for the HP team to consider.

FYI,  I can see why someone checked BPPSQ's review as a solution...HP needed to link to something to help direct the frustrated Zbook Dock reviewers that left low reviews:

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/business-solutions/hp-zbook-150w-thunderbolt-3-dock-p-p5q58ut-aba--1?j...

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my Snow Ball USB mic by BLUE, when connected to the dock. It will lose connection intermittently. I have to keep it connected to an available port on the laptop.

*if only I had a docking station that simplified using my Laptop in the office

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.