Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP USB-C Dock G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

since today without any change on my side, my  2 HP Elite Display E231 stay black, without , I guess, no displayport signal coming from USB-C Dock G5.

Until today it was working finesince a year.

What I did to try to fix:

1. Searched for update on dockg5, i found latest firmware and applied on dock without improvement.
  2. I did WU search on Laptop Probook 450G7 and found some little things to update but result is  KO (including a bios update for laptop)
  3. I did search from HP tool and it found also some update to apply , which I did but result KO
  4. I tryied to power off laptop and Dock and restart , no change always KO
  5. I searched E231 driver and applied with no change.

So now I have updated all i found  and could do alone, what else to do?

I don't think this is a dock failure, as all update went like a breeze, all device except screens are working fine. power button work from dock.

So why this stupid thing is boring me on sunday and I need to work today without screens.....nice.🙄

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Install this firmware and this will fix your issue

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp139501-140000/sp139699.exe

HP Recommended

Hi , thanks for your answer, but as the time  passed since problem occured, I bought a new one and returned the one no more working and be refunded, so finally   the new one didn't cost me a lot.

What's insisde the .exe file you send me ?  as I tried to fix  the problem by myself with the latest fw found on HP  but this didn't improved  behavior.

If you have details on what's inside the SP file, I'm interested in. But it seems to me I already DL and apply the same SP file without any change. So most probably the problem was due to hardware so no other way than buying another.

Thanks once again for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.