Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP elitebook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptom runs HP sure run.  In my job I need  sometimes temporarily turn of firewall. Unfortumately HP sure run doesn't allow the firewall to be turned off. I can't even find how tu temprarily turn off HP sure run. It is really annoying I can't manage processes as I need.  Any help ?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please, check your private messages - the mail/envelope icon in the upper right corner of the forum, near your username/login/logout options. I will soon send you a message.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @vaclavv

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

Is this company owned (company managed) computer or this is your personal laptop ?

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Hi, it is my own laptop, I have  administrator rights.

thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please, check your private messages - the mail/envelope icon in the upper right corner of the forum, near your username/login/logout options. I will soon send you a message.

HP Recommended

Deactivating for HP Surerun function is hidden in Bios ( Security tab  Then Secure Platform Management)

Thanks Winsec for helping.

HP Recommended

Thank YOU @vaclavv

Posting the link to the document which explains the solution (so that it is available for the Community and other users)  >> http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06114605

PDF page 15 and then 22...

Make sure you have HP Client Security Manager still installed.

• Restart the PC and open the HP Start up menu (pressing Esc button repeatedly during start up),
  • open the BIOS (F10)
  • Go to Security tab
  • Then go to  Secure Platform Management

Do you see options there to Inactive or Deprovision the feature? If you do, please do so.

Make sure you Save the changes and restart the PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.