Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hpzook G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is stuck at 100% for Firmware Update “updating camera controller firmware from version 09 to 010.” It also says “Do not turn-off or remove power from system during the update. Any interruption of the process could result in a non-functional system.” Does anyone have an hp recommend solution. Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I forced shut by pressing power button for about 30s. Then I turned it on again and it continued updating BIOS, fan increased sound, then automatically turns off and on. After that it went back to normal.

HP Recommended

Same here. Been like this for 10 minutes now. Starting to consider force-restarting it as well. 

20220405_224553.jpg

Needless to say, an official HP acknowledgement of the issue and a recommended solution would be highly appreciated. Bios and firmware updates are the one thing you don't want to mess up.

HP Recommended

Ok, for the record I also force-turned off the laptop from the power button, then turned it back on again and the BIOS update continued onto the second step of the BIOS update and it seems to have complete successfully. I am posting this from the laptop. Apparently the camera firmware has some sort of issue because I found other threads on here on other types of laptops that also had this problem even an year ago so this is not a recent issue.

HP Recommended

Same issue - hung at 100% while updating camera firmware from 09 to 010.

Held down the power button on the laptop (did not work from the connected thunderbolt docking station).  The system hard-powered down. Pressed and released the power button again and it powered up continued to update the BIOS (progress visible on the monitor). No further messages were seen about the camera firmware.  The BIOS update finished and the system booted back to the Win10 ctrl-alt-del logon screen. For my ZBook 15 G6, the BIOS version is R92 Ver. 01.12.21.

HP Recommended

Same here. Gonna try rebooting now...

HP Recommended

Same problem here… keen for HP official response this wait of over 20 minutes is concerning

HP Recommended

We've had the same issue happen to about a dozen of our Elite/Probooks over the past 4 or so months.  The first time, I was REALLY hesitatant about hard powering it off for a firmware update, but had no other choice.  Have since found out that this camera firmware update seems to get stuck at the 100%, and hard powering them off is the only way to fix it.  They all boot up fine after that.  I haven't seen any 'official' word on this from HP yet.

HP Recommended

I experienced the same issue on a HP ProBook 450 G7. There's an older thread here that contains reports of similar issues. A forced reboot (holding power button for ~30s) worked for me, too.

IMG_5109.JPG

HP Recommended

Last week, I installed sp139956 (BIOS 01.20.00 Rev.A - released May 10, 2022) on my HP ZBook 15 G6 downloaded from 
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-zbook-15-g6-mobile-workstation/2289288...

My BIOS now reports as "R92 Ver. 01.20.00". OS - Win10 21H2.

Did not experience any issues during the install and I did not see any onscreen messages regarding the camera firmware which is expected since the release notes do not mention any camera controller updates. Under the list of fixes, the hang issue is not mentioned....

The BIOS that installed previously that hung at the camera firmware update (09 to 010) and required a hard power down was R92 Ver. 01.12.21.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.