Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elite Dragonfly

I ordered an HP dragonfly a few weeks back.  Since then, I found, bought, and have an HP dragonfly from another location.  (I called customer service before ordering from another location, mailed them a link to the offer that I had found and tried to get HP to match the offer that I was getting -- HP said they would not do it) 

I tried cancelling my HP-Store order over a week ago.  After not hearing anything for a few days, I called, and was told that my cancellation request had been expedited.  We are coming up on a week since it was expedited, and the only information I have received is that I would hear back in 1-2 days over 10 days ago.

The status page still says my laptop has not been built.  How do I cancel the order so that I don't get this laptop?  

Thanks.

Chris

P.S.  I have been using the Dragonfly for 48 hours now.  I love this product.  I just don't need two of them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @cdonham

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@cdonham 

I am glad you like the new Dragonfly - nice system.

• I have asked that someone take a look.
  • Know that because our Community is not HP Technical Support, we are not a direct conduit to HP.
  • When there is a response, the moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 
  • Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims.

Note to those reading:

• Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site places your privacy at risk from scammers.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Stay Safe - Save Lives - Help a Friend (or Community member) in need!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks very much for your help.  I just did not know where else to turn.  I've been very pleased with the system -- I currently have it set up as a dual boot Windows 10 / Ubuntu 20.04.

HP Recommended

Hi @cdonham

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for helping.  I look forward to hearing from them.  I kept all of the records (order number, chat transcripts), and of course have the identifying information on the machine I bought, and the receipt for how much I ultimately paid.  I'm hopeful that the HP team can help me resolve this.

HP Recommended

I want to extend my profound thanks for your help with this situation -- everything has been resolved. 

I have been using my dragonfly for 5 days now and am an extremely pleased customer.  As I said in an earlier posting, I am dual booting this machine with Ubuntu 20.04 and Windows 10.  I've used the Ubuntu primarily and am quite happy with how well it runs Ubuntu.  (I have not yet tried the video, but have tried many other peripherals).  For anyone else interested in setting something up like mine, there were three things I needed to do:  1) I had to temporarily turn off UEFI and bump the USB drive to the top of the Legacy boot order; 2) I had to be sure to install third party drivers to pick up the right WIFI driver; 3) I had to turn off bitLocker in Windows to allow Ubuntu to repartition the disk. Other than that, the installation was problem-free.

This is an outstanding machine.

Thanks

Chris

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.