Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 865 16 inch G9 Notebook PC (473R9AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

According to the official spec sheet (e.g. https://www.amd.com/system/files/documents/hp-elitebook-865-g9-data-sheet.pdf) this model has an NFC module ("NFC Mirage WNC XRAV-1"). The location of the antenna/coil is presumably somwehere within the touchpad.

Even the "replacing parts" official video on Youtube shows how to replace the NFC module: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykG7YvZSWmw

There IS an NFC driver available in the driver downloads section of HP (which I downloaded and installed). I do NOT have an NFC device to activate/deactivate in the BIOS, nor does an NFC module show up in the driver manager of Windows (of course I rebooted).

How do I activate the NFC module on my Elitebook 865?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@noname0815 

It should work by default, you have to physically touch other NFC device to your machine for them to work

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It does not work out-of-the-box. According to the windows device manager and a NFC desktop software there is no NFC reader (active) on my Elitebook 865. Device Manager does not list an NFC reader at all.

HP Recommended

I have the opposite problem in that I have an NFC Smart Card Reader (NXP's ProximityBased SmartCard Reader - Hardware ID  ACPI\NXP6100) listed in my ProBook 640 G2 Device Manager as up and running with no errors but even though the manual shows where the antenna/touch area is, when I put my NFC Capable phone or smart cards there, nothing happens. When I tried to install an app called NFC/NDEF Demo, I'm unable to 'initialise device' - what it says when I click on the button to start it. Is this because the driver is very old and I'm running Win 10 Pro ver 22H2? Has anyone managed to get this working? I note that neither HP Support Assist nor Hardware Diagnostics looks at the NFC sensor so other than the fact it shows up in Device Manager, its as if its not there otherwise.

Maybe theres someone here who's a guru on this NFC technology but I would have thought the first step would be to get it to show in Device Manager.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.