Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I am and I agree.  This looks like it will be stuck in the line of BIOS changes.  I had read that same article, but it doesn't comment on the issues with Virtualization.  Unexpected vacation for me, I guess....

I'll bring this up with support tomorrow and ensure that they have it listed as an active issue, pending the next revision for testing.

HP Recommended

Sorry @rdshift

Not yet.

HPSBGN03558 rev.9 - Conexant HD Audio Driver Local Debug Log

You are listed #3.JPG

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05519670

Sorry but I just started remember these.

REO

Sorry need to check one more.

HP Recommended

I did check the page that lists those bulletins; on this particular one, as it is an audio driver, I don't see a mechanism for it to impact either the BIOS or OS level handling of Intel Virtualization Technologies.  The audio driver should only be called when loaded, tested, or when IO is sent that way.

HP Recommended

Sorry @rdshift

But these are not meant to be the solution to the VT-d or VT-x problem.

It was just Warnings I have seen on your model in the past.

HPSBHF03564 rev 2 - Synaptics Touchpad Driver Potential, Local Loss of Confidentiality

You are listed #4.JPG

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05827409

REO

HP Recommended

Hi,

I tested the Intel® Processor Identification Utility on a HP ZBook 15 G4 with an Intel® Core™ i7-7820HQ .

After starting the tool it shows the following warning:

Intel® Processor Identification Utility - Startup message.PNGI

It shows "Future Intel Processor" as well.

Due to this I doubt that the Intel Utility works well with the 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i Processors and I would not trust it in regards of Intel VT-d and VT-x is working on Your unit or not.

HP Recommended

Hello guys.

I've done the following, and achieved unfortunate success (because I gave in and wiped):

1. Run the Processor Identification Utility on an identical ZBook 15 G4 machine.  Success!  VT-x and VT-d shows.  Different brand new machine with those hardware features?  Identical results - things show correctly.
  2. Installed the latest BIOS, which became downloadable again.  1.17A.  No effect.
  3. Contacted HP support for guidance regarding a non-wipe resolution.  Advised them that this could be related to a buggy implementation in BIOS, since all installs I've mentioned in this ticket were fresh installs from either ISO/USB/MDT.  I'm not aware of a way to toggle the enablement of that feature from within the BIOS other than with something like a relatively complex EFI script (related EFI script, not VT specific function).
  4. Gave up, and wiped and reloaded.  Success!  VT-x and VT-d shows.
  5. Grumbled at HP.  This is the first I've ever heard of or encountered a machine failing to pick up VT settings from the BIOS when said features are correctly enabled, so what I suspect is as mentioned above, a buggy implementation of the feature within the BIOS, perhaps associated with whatever the mechanism is that advertises hardware features to the OS.  An alternative is the OS failing to do it's detection operation correctly.
  6. LASTLY, for commentary as it relates to these OS installs, the major thing I've done differently was remove the 2018-01 Windows 10 v1709 cumulative patch (which was still in my MDT for some reason), and directly installed the 2018-02 Windows 10 v1709 cumulative patch.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.