Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ay191nia
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning all,

When I opened computer managmenr - device manager, I found that there is driver missing (Intel high definition DSP), I looked for, but no hope, appreciate your help, noting that my laptop is HP Notebook - 15-ay191nia, system is widows 10 64 bit.

Capture.PNG

Thanks in advance.

Moha.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi Moha,

Uninstall all graphic drivers listed in Display Adapter section in Device Manager

Download, save and install this:
https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-15-ay100-notebook-pc/12499456/swItemId...

Restart system

Regards

Visruth

HP Recommended

This is happening on our HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2's after imaging via SCCM. I downloaded the full driver package via the HP site so it must be something missing from that package. 

Did you find anything that works?

HP Recommended

I have been struggling with the same issue on a Zbook Studio G3 

Clean install of Windows 10 1703 Creators update

Device manager shows the same Intel High Definition DSP under other devices with this hardware id:

INTELAUDIO\DSP_CTLR_DEV_A170&VEN_8086&DEV_0222&SUBSYS_00000022&REV_0001

I have tried 3 different intel installers including:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26669/eng/win64_154516.4627.exe

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-zbook-studio-g3-mobile-workstation/8934839

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-Driver-issues-after-Windows-10-Anniversary-Update...

The intel installer fails with "Error This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software."

Seems this was not an issue on Windows 10 1511, but driver install issues appeared under 1607 and 1703.

Any advances and suggestions welcome.

HP Recommended

Got it sorted out. The final fix  for me was potentially few things.

Switched the graphics mode from discrete to hybrid in the bios.

After switching to hybrid, the Intel Video and Control Panel installer was able to work.

Even with the Intel Video and Control Panel installed, the Intel High Definition DSP was still not installing and still listed under other devices.

The next step that caused it to finally install was uninstalling ALL other audio devices listed in the device manager. Once all other devices were uninstalled, the device installed/disappear from other devices. The other devices resinstalled when I did a scan for new hardware again.

HP Recommended

There is no option to change video settings in the BIOS for the Elitebook x360 1030 G2. I tried removing all other audio devices but that did not work... Thank you for your proposed solution though. I hope it works for others.

Is this an important device I should be that worried about anyway? My laptop seems to be functioning perfectly without it.

HP Recommended

I have a 15-ay191ms laptop and had the problem with Intel High Definition DSP showing up in device manager as needing a driver. After many hours and trying everything, I finally resolved it and you will not believe how!

Go to unistall programs and uninstall the realtek driver program. Reboot and let windows 10 install the realtek drivers. That's it! Gone!

Turns out the realtek drivers on the HP website are the cause of this problem. Remove the software supplied by HP and let windows update handle the rest.

Good luck!!!

HP Recommended

This ended up installing for me after letting Windows Update do its thing and restarting when prompted. 

HP Recommended

Same worked for me on my laptop hp-15-ay100-notebook. The realtek audio driver from HP site didn't sort out this issue. Remvoing it from Add/Remove Programs and restarting installed the correct driver and error in other devices just disappeared. Thanks for the tip.

HP Recommended

The solution is very simply:

1. Download and install HP Softpaq Download Manager
  2. After catalog update select and download the Driver Pack for your system/OS (automatically detected by software)
  3. Execute the .exe to extract drivers packages
  4. In Device Manager select to update device driver from local path, past the path to new drivers folder

Bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.