Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook Workstation 8760W
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

In the upgrading of my "new" Elitebook, I installed a 1 TB SSD, and currently have 16 GB of RAM on board.

I had a problem getting into the machine to install an OS, so I cloned the HD in an 8760W to get into it.

RAM, Processor and Primary hard disk numbers in the Windows Performance Index are first rate; 7.5, 7.1,

and 7.8 ...  but the graphics performance numbers (Windows Aero and Gaming Graphics) are both 1.0 .

I suspect that I'm running the beast with the wrong graphics drivers (the ones in the i5), but I'm not sure of

that.

Where do I go from here?

Where do I start looking from here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Fooled around with this again... 

Investigation in BIOS revealed that the i5 machine uses an AMD video card, and the i7 has an Nvidia

installed.

A driver reload with the proper drivers cured the problem...  it's now scoring 7.1 in Windows.  😊

Funny tho...  the card seemed to work well with the wrong drivers installed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

BTW...   the machine in question is an i7, and I cloned the disk of an i5 .

HP Recommended

Fooled around with this again... 

Investigation in BIOS revealed that the i5 machine uses an AMD video card, and the i7 has an Nvidia

installed.

A driver reload with the proper drivers cured the problem...  it's now scoring 7.1 in Windows.  😊

Funny tho...  the card seemed to work well with the wrong drivers installed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.