6 4 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Low Windows Performance Index Numbers

HP Recommended
Elitebook Workstation 8760W
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

In the upgrading of my "new" Elitebook, I installed a 1 TB SSD, and currently have 16 GB of RAM on board.

I had a problem getting into the machine to install an OS, so I cloned the HD in an 8760W to get into it.

RAM, Processor and Primary hard disk numbers in the Windows Performance Index are first rate; 7.5, 7.1,

and 7.8 ...  but the graphics performance numbers (Windows Aero and Gaming Graphics) are both 1.0 .

I suspect that I'm running the beast with the wrong graphics drivers (the ones in the i5), but I'm not sure of

that.

Where do I go from here?

Where do I start looking from here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hanover_Fiste
Author
Level 2
6 4 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fooled around with this again... 

Investigation in BIOS revealed that the i5 machine uses an AMD video card, and the i7 has an Nvidia

installed.

A driver reload with the proper drivers cured the problem...  it's now scoring 7.1 in Windows.  😊

Funny tho...  the card seemed to work well with the wrong drivers installed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Hanover_Fiste
Author
Level 2
6 4 1 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BTW...   the machine in question is an i7, and I cloned the disk of an i5 .

0 Kudos
Hanover_Fiste
Author
Level 2
6 4 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fooled around with this again... 

Investigation in BIOS revealed that the i5 machine uses an AMD video card, and the i7 has an Nvidia

installed.

A driver reload with the proper drivers cured the problem...  it's now scoring 7.1 in Windows.  😊

Funny tho...  the card seemed to work well with the wrong drivers installed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation