Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bs127ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Where can I find the hardware manual? I want to know which materials have been used to make this laptop.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@U110725

Your manual here.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493257

You can also look up your serial number here.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

REO

HP Recommended
Thanks for the quick response.
The manual mentioned dual storage 256 GB Value SSD + 1 TB HDD. Does this indicates this laptop doesn’t support 512 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD?

And does it have to be M.2 SSD or I can install 2.5” SSD?
HP Recommended

To add to @REO51ST 's answer, here (click) is the specification of HP Notebook - 15-bs127ne from the factory.

Page 3 of the Service and Maintenance Guide explains that Intel Core processor models support a 2.5 inch HDD plus M.2 SSD configuration. The M.2 slot might only support SATA SSDs - the slot might be keyed so that an NVMe SSD might not fit, it might fit but not work at all, or might work but not as a boot device. It is probably best to stick to SATA SSDs on laptops that are not sold with NVMe SSDs unless you can borrow a NVMe SSD to try in the system.

You can only fit a 2.5 inch SSD if you remove the factory fit HDD (or, alternatively, you remove the optical drive and get an optical to 2.5 inch HDD/SSD adapter). The computer only has one 2.5 inch slot, which is occupied by your factory fit HDD.

It appears that this laptop range has a bracket available to mount a M.2 SATA SSD in the 2.5 inch bay - but this seems to be primarily to allow the use of a M.2 SSD in a non-Core processor model.

I can't think of any reason why a 512GB (or larger) SSD will not work in the M.2 slot - it's just that HP doesn't sell or support this configuration. As always, any upgrade is at your own risk, may void your warranty and there is no guarantee of compatibility if using non-HP parts.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.