Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.Laptop HP ZBook 17 G3 Y6J66EA#ACB.It is possible to add 2 straps SODIMM memory 8GB DDR4 PC4-17000 2133 MHz Samsung(M471A1G43EB1-CPB).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have the Zbook 15 G3 with the same i7-6700HQ CPU and M2000M video card and basically the same motherboard. Yes there are actually 4 RAM slots and it can take up to 4 x 16 gig memory for a total of 64 gigs of RAM. I have 2 x 8 = 16 in mine but there are two empty memory slots. 

The memory you propose is correct. Assuming you only have 2 memory "straps" now you can add two more. The Manual has instructions for how to populate the slots to have dual channel memory but if you have 2 x 8 now and you add 2 more 8 gig chips it will be dual channel. 

Post back with any more questions. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as SOlution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have the Zbook 15 G3 with the same i7-6700HQ CPU and M2000M video card and basically the same motherboard. Yes there are actually 4 RAM slots and it can take up to 4 x 16 gig memory for a total of 64 gigs of RAM. I have 2 x 8 = 16 in mine but there are two empty memory slots. 

The memory you propose is correct. Assuming you only have 2 memory "straps" now you can add two more. The Manual has instructions for how to populate the slots to have dual channel memory but if you have 2 x 8 now and you add 2 more 8 gig chips it will be dual channel. 

Post back with any more questions. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as SOlution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.