Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion x360m Convertible 14"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a new x360m convertible tablet 14" (Model 14m-dh1003dx) and I've just purchased the HP 34f WQHD Curved Display monitor.  I believe that I need to have be connected via display port 1.2 in order to utilize the AMD Freesync that comes with the monitor, so I need to purchase a docking station, as my laptop doesn't have a display port.

This is my first laptop and ultrawide monitor, so I could really use suggestions on the correct connection station to obtain.

Much Appreciated,

Celeste

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

you are posting your question in the business notebooks forum where the expertise is with HP business/commercial class devices... in any case, looking at the specs, and since it looks like the Pavilion model you list does not have usb-c port with power delivery, i suspect may have to use a std usb-a/3 dock... the only recommendation i could provide is the hp usb-c universal g2 dock with the usb-c to usb-a/barrel connector adapter which uses a displaylink chip (in the dock) and a single driver on the laptop to support the dock - this is a y-cable adapter that is optional on this particular dock

this dock supports up to 2 4k monitors so should have plenty of capacity for your needs

i would also post this to the non-business forum to confirm other potential options

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

you are posting your question in the business notebooks forum where the expertise is with HP business/commercial class devices... in any case, looking at the specs, and since it looks like the Pavilion model you list does not have usb-c port with power delivery, i suspect may have to use a std usb-a/3 dock... the only recommendation i could provide is the hp usb-c universal g2 dock with the usb-c to usb-a/barrel connector adapter which uses a displaylink chip (in the dock) and a single driver on the laptop to support the dock - this is a y-cable adapter that is optional on this particular dock

this dock supports up to 2 4k monitors so should have plenty of capacity for your needs

i would also post this to the non-business forum to confirm other potential options

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

My apologies and thank you for the suggestion.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.