cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Need Docking Station Suggestion

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion x360m Convertible 14"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a new x360m convertible tablet 14" (Model 14m-dh1003dx) and I've just purchased the HP 34f WQHD Curved Display monitor.  I believe that I need to have be connected via display port 1.2 in order to utilize the AMD Freesync that comes with the monitor, so I need to purchase a docking station, as my laptop doesn't have a display port.

This is my first laptop and ultrawide monitor, so I could really use suggestions on the correct connection station to obtain.

Much Appreciated,

Celeste

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 8
Level 8
1,043 1,043 62 126
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

you are posting your question in the business notebooks forum where the expertise is with HP business/commercial class devices... in any case, looking at the specs, and since it looks like the Pavilion model you list does not have usb-c port with power delivery, i suspect may have to use a std usb-a/3 dock... the only recommendation i could provide is the hp usb-c universal g2 dock with the usb-c to usb-a/barrel connector adapter which uses a displaylink chip (in the dock) and a single driver on the laptop to support the dock - this is a y-cable adapter that is optional on this particular dock

this dock supports up to 2 4k monitors so should have plenty of capacity for your needs

i would also post this to the non-business forum to confirm other potential options

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My apologies and thank you for the suggestion.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation