Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 15 G2 Mobile Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

can anyone give me advise on how to extract the firmware file from SP82133? I cannot boot the notebook because of a wrong firmware file on the recovery partition, and I cannot reject the TPM update process because of buggy firmware (loops back to "TPM update requested").

I want to put the correct firmware file on the recovery partition so I hopefully can proceed with the TPM update.

Thanks!

Best regards

Franz

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello

I alwaye use 7zip to extract the softpaq file.

bye

HP Recommended

Hello,

this SP is special. I can extract all files with 7zip. But there is no BIN file.  Contents of the SP:

IFXTPMUpdate_TPM12_v0443.com

IFXTPMUpdate_TPM12_v0443.exe

Readme.html

SP82133.pdf

The exe or com do not have any commandline parameters to extract a BIN file. I can extract the exe, however I cannot identify any TPM update file.

PS.: I will give IFXTPMUpdate_TPM12_v0443.exe\.rsrc\0\FWBLOCK\203 a try. As it seems to be of a reasonable size (286.239 Bytes). I have to get a M.2 Adapter first.

best regards

Franz

HP Recommended

So I stored the file named 203 on the recovery partition in the TPM folder (renamed the wrong TPM.bin first) and renamed it to TPM.bin. Put the NVME Disk back into the notebook. Did not work, was not accepted.

Does anyone have a tip on how to get the notebook to forget the TPM update request (pressing F2 does not help)? I already removed the batteries (including the coin cell) for a few weeks. But the notebook remembered the TPM update request.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello

this is a really crazy situation.

what happens if you boot the Zbook 15 G2 without disk installed ?

bye

HP Recommended

Hello TryToDoMybest,

the TPM update reports that it cannot find the TPM firmware file.

best regards

Franz

HP Recommended

Hello 

I'm sorry but without having a Zbook 15 G2 in my hand I can't try to update the TPM and check what is written in the disk.

Even executing IFXTPMUpdate_TPM12_v0443.exe on another platform Idon't see any .bin file, probably because I get an error.

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.