Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
4FZ42AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Community,

I 'm having a problem trying to get this network card 616012-001 to work with my machine 4FZ42AV

I understand this card requires one x1 (Gen2), and my machine has PCIe x1 (Gen3).

The problem is the machine doesn't boot up when I put the network card in the slot, but it does boot up without the card.

What am I missing here? Could you please help?

Regards,

Sameh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SamehElhussainy For information on why the network card isn't compatible with certain HP servers, please contact our Commercial Support Team by filling the web form using this link - www.hp.com/contacthp

- On that page, where it says to enter my HP model number, enter your product details and click on find my product

- On the next page, it will ask you to enter your basic details and the description of the issue.

- Once you have filled that, click on show options.

- It will give you phone support option.

- Once you select that it will give you a case number and a phone number to contact. 

We are from the HP consumer support team and have no information on the query you've posted,

That said, If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@SamehElhussainy
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Have you tried using a different WiFi card or Old WiFi card? This looks like the wireless card complatiablity issue.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ECHO_LAKE

Thank you for the reply. I bought this network card which works in servers and I know it will be compatible with my machine because it has the same slot that exists in Servers (PCIe Gen2).

Why would a normal network card that works in servers, not work in workstations? they both have the same PCIe slot and technology.

Regards,

Sameh 

HP Recommended

@SamehElhussainy

Thank you for posting back. 

To get the answer to this question, workstations are a business product it's a not consumer product hence the compatibility may vary. 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ECHO_LAKE

I tried the network card on many PCs in my organisation and still not working on all of them.

The card will only work in Some generations of HP Servers.

My question is, why is that? why a simple network card would have a compatibility issue like that?

Regards,

Sameh

HP Recommended

@SamehElhussainy For information on why the network card isn't compatible with certain HP servers, please contact our Commercial Support Team by filling the web form using this link - www.hp.com/contacthp

- On that page, where it says to enter my HP model number, enter your product details and click on find my product

- On the next page, it will ask you to enter your basic details and the description of the issue.

- Once you have filled that, click on show options.

- It will give you phone support option.

- Once you select that it will give you a case number and a phone number to contact. 

We are from the HP consumer support team and have no information on the query you've posted,

That said, If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.