Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
x360 1040 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, just upgrading to a new laptop with Windows 10 ver 20H2.  I am noticing that sleep performs different than expected.  I like my settings:

On power:

Screen off after 30 min

Sleep never

On battery:

Screen off after 5 min

sleep after 30min

No matter what settings I set in Windows power options, the laptop goes to "sleep" with screen off and the light on the keyboard fades in and out.  However, it does not look like it looks its network connections.  
Upon research, it seems like this is the new Modern Sleep (S0 low power mode). 

I tried a reg entry to get regular S3 power mode back, and using the command powercfg /a, it seems like I have it enabled, and S0 low power mode is not available any longer.  The laptop still going into that same low power sleep after 5 minutes with connections still enabled.  Is this possible to change?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After that registry setting, looks like things are working after all.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

After that registry setting, looks like things are working after all.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.