Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ProBook 640 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 640 G2 that will not accept build jobs via PXE boot.

We build our PCs using Symantec Ghost Solution Suite, set up the BIOS with the BCU and use the same image for all PCs, so everything is as controlled as possible.

So, we have secure boot enabled and legacy disabled and IPV4 network card at the top of the boot order. In Ghost, the jobs are scheduled and wait for the PC to network boot. I have manually selected network boot from the F9 boot list and also let the boot order run automatically. All I get is the message Starting PXE over IPV4 (or something similar) in the top-left corner of the screen and then the PC returns to the menu you get when pressing Esc at the HP logo. It doesn't even continue with the boot order and use the HDD next.

So far, I have tried setting the BIOS to legacy and updated the BIOS to the latest available today, but nothing works.

Anyone seen this before or have any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks, I will keep an eye on it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.