Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
ZBook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

If do have an old ZBook (2014) and recently got the newest ZBook. There is HP Sure start available on it. Mt question is whether it is possible to also install that on my old ZBook.

Thans in advance for answers

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, HP Sure Start is a hardware + firmware component designed in the motherboad and can not retrofit previous systems... You do not specify which Zbook you have, and it might be that you have an earlier implementation of Sure Start where HP did not advertise it with a boot time logo... You can check your older Zbook BIOS to see if Sure Start settings exist... If you provide the model, we can confirm

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the reply, and below is the information you probably like to hear :-).

My ZBook has the following system information:

HP ZBook 17 - system name 190A

Productname: F0V57ET#ABH

Startdate of use:  27 may 2014

Processor: Intel Core i7-4700MQ cpu 2.40 Ghz

Processor speed: 2400Mhz

Memory: 24576 MB RAM

regards,

Wim

HP Recommended

i believe your laptop is a zbook 17 g2... that model did not have HP Sure Start BIOS self-healing technology

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.