Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 14u G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

HP ZBook 14u G5, 2ZC03EA , BIOS 1.12.00 , Q78, 07/28/2020

Asks for Power-On password or fingerprint, howewer is not recognising fingerprints and also any password is not working.

there was single sign-on enabled for windows 10 so that the fingerprint or password entered in Power-On screen was automatically authenticating to Windows as well. Since yesterday HP Bios Power-ON is not recognising fingerprint nor passwords. F9, F10,  F11, F12 all ask for Power-On password. This week There were some windows standard updates applied however after restart laptop still booted up normaly one time and then it was shut down properly.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I solved the issue, :

holded power button for 15 + seconds (but i dont' know if that solved the issue) and entered password and it accepted it.

before that i was trying first with fingerprint and then password and it was not accepting it. anyway it seams that you should avoid touching fingerprint reeder and enter only password. othervise it gets crazy and blocks all.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.