Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
zbook 15 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there any way to power on the laptop with the lid closed? I saw a Power on with AC in the BIOS but it's disabled.

Other posts with the same topic data back years ago. Any fix in the meanwhile?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello

if you enable "Power on With AC" in the BIOS, it means that as soon as you connect the power supply to the notebook, it will power on.

another way is to connect a Thunderbolt Docking station 230W. Then power to Zbook 15 G6 pressing the power-on button on top of the docking.

another way it to wake to notebook via LAN, from another computer, using wake-on-lan or Intel AMT if your Zbook 15 G6 has that technology, check if the Intel Logo contains "Vpro" , this means you should have Intel AMT.

bye

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello

if you enable "Power on With AC" in the BIOS, it means that as soon as you connect the power supply to the notebook, it will power on.

another way is to connect a Thunderbolt Docking station 230W. Then power to Zbook 15 G6 pressing the power-on button on top of the docking.

another way it to wake to notebook via LAN, from another computer, using wake-on-lan or Intel AMT if your Zbook 15 G6 has that technology, check if the Intel Logo contains "Vpro" , this means you should have Intel AMT.

bye

HP Recommended

Thanks for reply. I have seen the "Power on With AC" in the BIOS but for some reason it's grayed out: I tryed to change other settiings to enable it, but with no success.

Update: After resetting BIOS settings to factory the Power on With AC option got enabled. Now when plugged to power laptop starts up. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thanks for this. I have a spectre 360 (2018), and want to power on with lid closed (using external monitor/keyboard). I couldn't find it in BIOS anywhere. SHould I update BIOS?

Is there anyway to use my wireless keyboard to turn on in sleep and with lid closed.  Or any suggested options?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.