Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Updating to 10.0.16299.29095 shows date of 26-10-2017

Realtek PCIE CardReader.png

but it works anyway

HP Recommended

@Johnny_W wrote:
Hello,
I'm having the same problems with my Probook 450 G5. The system process is always on about 20-25% CPU load. Similarly, the Flow.exe takes 15% CPU when Firefox is started.
I have already replaced some drivers, even with the Intel Support Assistant updating the drivers. But without success.
I then created a ticket at HP support. First condition of HP was to reinstall the laptop with the Recovery Tool. That did not solve the problem.
HP has now informed me, that I would have to wait until the end of May, because HP and Microsoft are working on the problem.
Currently I have only this workaround:
- Deactivate Fastboot in Windows.
- All power settings (hibernation, standby) off.
- Rename the Flow.exe.

I hope there will be a solution soon!

@Johnny_W: Did you get a feedback from the Support?

HP Recommended

New driver on the website.  Too bad it 404's when I try and download it. Capture.JPG

HP Recommended

The newest Conexant HD Audio Driver installed but after restart and couple of hours working with PC same issue happened - System takes about 25% of CPU usage.

Any other idea?

HP Recommended

@AdamOakumer wrote:

The newest Conexant HD Audio Driver installed but after restart and couple of hours working with PC same issue happened - System takes about 25% of CPU usage.

Any other idea?

It didn't work for other people because I think we have slightly different models, but mine has been fixed by renaming mictray.exe in windows\system32 to mictray6464.exe.old to stop it from launching. If you want to test before renaming you can wait till your processor is running hhig for no reason and go kill the mictray64 process and see if the cpu drops. It does for me. Goes from 40% usage to less than 10% after stopping it. 

HP Recommended

disabling Port #12

That solves the issue in my computer. Thanks 🙂

HP Recommended

Wrist decision ever to buy a hp beats me how they are even surviving as a business. Poor quality, poor support, pricey, filled with bloat ware and excuses.

Bet you have bought a Dell now haha!

HP Recommended

Unbelievable!  Almost 2 month passed from day when I installed card reader driver 10.0.16299.29095 from 13 March 2018, which is not oficially supported. The issue was resolved, but I believed that HP will fix it with official way.

Today I tried to reinstall the driver from HP site, next run "HP support assistent" tool, which suggested me downgrade the card reader driver to 10.0.15063.21301 from 01-Jun-17.

And... the problem still persist!

It is incredibly awful. Is it a ProBook? Pff... This is NoName laptop for me. 

HP Recommended

And I have to keep my MicTray64.exe renamed or else my high cpu usage comes back. As a matter of fact, we've had to rename it on a bunch of laptops we have deployed. I check every day for a update driver or something yet there is nothing. 

HP Recommended

Is this still an issue ?

I was about to buy the Probook 450 G5 but i dont want a faulty unit...

I also read that the fan is quite loud for an i5 8250u device without dGPU. Can anyone confirm that the device can get very loud under normal usage ?

Should i better go for a Dell Notebook ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.