Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am facing the same issue. Apart from some above tips, refresh and restore which did not help, I installed clean WIndows 10 from the Image downloaded via MS tool. Before this I created recovery media, deleted reco partition via HP Reco manager. I have installed no HP SW (nice clean disk, no HP ...ware). The only SW that Windows 10 installation took, was the Conexant Audio SW. The issue persists on windows 10 clean install =with no HP SW installed.

HP Recommended

Hello Everybody,

The issue still persists on my 470 G5, but I think you can solve it temporarily with the following:

- Open the "Device manager"

- Right-click on the name o the PC 

- Press "Scan for hardware changes"

After scanning for changes the CPU usage of "system" goes down to 1-2% or less.

After a few days or a week or a few restarts, the issue happens again but scanning solves again.

What is your experience? Is this solve the issue?

Regards,

Zoltan

HP Recommended

I hope this issue will  be picked up be the HP reps, being the #HPExpertday and all.

Would be good to put this to bed.

People are using their precious remaining lifetime to try and help, so it is common courtesy to come back and tell what the solution eventually was even if you found it elsewhere. It is for the benefit of everyone.
HP Recommended

Hi,

same problem here, only sleep / wake up fixes the issue. I also noticed that ejecting the SD card fixes it as well, or ejecting a VHD drive. But always comes back at some point. Right now I've disabled fast start, and after a cold boot problem did not come bak (yet)

Going to send as well a support request to HP... 

HP Recommended

I've tried almost everything I can think of. The problem is that the trick with a button 'Scan for hardware changes' in the Device Manager doesn't work every time.

Sometimes you just need to click on the button once and CPU usage goes down, sometimes I have to click on the button multiple times. And sometimes I have to restart my PC. 😞

For me, this is sad for several reasons. I bought a relatively expensive notebook (if I added a little bit more money, I could have Dell 😞 😞 :-() for which I can not use the sleep mode. And secondly, HP does not seem to address this problem at all – I just need a message like 'hey, we know about this issue with Conexant drivers, please be patient and wait X days/weeks'.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Despite it works with Linux OK, I need MSWin also with a REAL solution, no workaround. I am considering to contact my seller with warranty if it will not be solved in reasonable time. I have tried to contact HP support with this issue via their web. I got "HP is no longer a service provider for this product. Try searching for a possible solution on this support website." !!

Has somebody contacted HP, MSoft, Conexant? If yes - when, what was the answer?

thank you

cakam

HP Recommended

I have huge doubts about HP Support quality. Seems like they recommends the usual steps and if they do not know, they say: Send your notebook to repair. They've recommended me to replace the system board but I'm still not convinced that it's a HW issue. And the issue is still there for about 3 months. Nobody from HP watching most discussed thread? HP never more!

HP Recommended

There is also the same question posted in the Microsoft Answers forum (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/system-process-with-high-cp...). Unfortunately, without any response.

I give it some time, and then I'll return the notebook to the dealer.

HP Recommended

After countless resets to factory settings, clean installs, driver updates and a few days and nights wasted on this, I sent my HP Probook 450 G5 (Intel Core i7-8550U , 16GB RAM) to a warranty service center with the exact same problem . After maximum legal waiting period of 30 days they sent me money back because they couldn't fix the problem. Now I got Lenovo Ideapad 720-15IKBR with the same specs (on top of integrated Intel UHD has 4 GB dedicated Radeon graphic card though + 12 GB RAM). It isn't flawless, like some taskbar thumbnail previews just go blank after sleep mode or longer period of idleness (1-2 hours). It irritated me first three weeks and then I accepted the fate with the notion that no new laptop seems to be perfect these days. Compared to HP problem it's nothing, it doesn't cause the laptop to overheat and doesn't shorten battery life. I just had to give up my perfectionism.

Maybe it is something with the new processor Kaby Lake R series? I don't know. Maybe Spring Creators Windows update fixes the problems for all of us. Or maybe not.

My advice is, wait for the Windows update and if it doesn't solve the problem, return the laptop and buy something different.

HP Recommended

I had the same issue and fixed it (untill now)

go to energy settings

choose advanced settings

find the PCI express  settings 

link state power management 

disable energy management

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.