Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My latest version is 9.0.157.10

updated to 9.0.180.10 (03.01.2018) via Easy Driver

HP Recommended

@JK80 Probook 450 G5 (2XZ33ES). Now, it seems that the new driver really solved the problem. We'll see in next days.

HP Recommended

Hi all,  The same problem in my ProBook 470 G5 2RR78EA#AKD (+Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB).

System process consumes about 25% of the CPU usage sometimes. Noticed, disable - reenable the Conneaxt ISST Audio in Device Manager resolved problem temporarily only. The same with new driver updated to 9.0.180.10.

@Chocholus
Is the new driver really solved the problem in your system?

@Chocholus, @Ken1943
How did you get driver  date 1/8/18  version  9.0.183.0 ?

My one is date 1/3/2018 ver.  9.0.180.10 - update from Device Manager at Conexant Audio Item.

HP Recommended

Hello, I have the same issue with my probook 470 G5. Even switched the laptop for a new one and surprisingly, it has the exactly the same issue. I tried to re-install the windows 10 pro several time, even with the non-HP version and problem remains. Also the fingerprint sensor is not working (also on more probooks).

For me it is clear that PROBOOK 470 G5 is not working with windows 10 pro properly.

Also HP is not answering and suggest solutions. I m expecting that many more people have this problem.

Problably time to switch it for a Dell machine.

Its a pitty as the probook looks nice and when you start from scratch the machine is very silent.

The issue with system cpu load happens when you put the machine in sleep or hybernate mode. Best is to disable both functions and only use shutdown or restart. 

Sometimes when you have system load you can try the troubleshooting (hardware) and after the check, the load disappear without any reason.

HP Recommended

@JanvdB
It definitly seams the problem depends on audio driver or hardware. (JK80 think so, too)
When disable Conexant ISST Audio in Device Manager, system usage goes down immediately.

The issue with system cpu load happens when my machine is no in sleep or hybernate mode. Once I shut down and Start system it is OK, once it is not. 

JanvdB, I don'know what is the problem of fingerprint sensor is not working in your laptop. Maybe it is only problem with register new fingerprint. If you have a message that the fingerprint is already registerd, try go to Bios>Security and check the box "Fingerprint Reset on Reboot" . I have that problem, after reinstaling the windows. Propably old fingerprints are still in fingerprint sensor's memory. Yoy can not clear them by "Clear fingerprint sensor" in  HP Client security aplikcation.

HP Recommended

Have tried just now to upgrade the driver to 9.0.180.10 (also according driver easy the last one) and problem still exists.

Further disabling / enabling doesnt make the system cpu load disappear either.

(I have a probook 470 G5, just for your info).

On my side, problem looks like is not with Conexant ISST Audio.

HP Recommended

Confirming - problem still exists even with updated audio driver :-(. What's next? Is HP support listening?

HP Recommended

Now, if i have new driver 9.0.180.10, disabling Conexant ISST Audio doesnt make the system cpu load disappear  in my system. Before, with old driver it did that.

I have tried to uninstal Conexant ISST Audio from system, but after reboot windows automaticly restores that driver.  I have alsow noticed, that the shortcut of aplication Audio Controls (from Menu start) goes to Program Files\ Conexant\Flow\sacpl.exe but the folder Flow not exists. The right is: Program Files\ Conexant\SA3\HP-NB-AIO\sacpl.exe.

I still think that the problem is with Conexant ISST Audio (and maybe with the  aplication Audio Controls)

HP Recommended

Dell has their own problems according to their forums. I have been lucky with HP & Dell  so far. Then again, I look very carefilly about bios updates which I think both push for too many problems.

KenW
HP Recommended

Any news there? Yesterday, I´ve made phone call to local HP support and than made ticket with diagnostic information.

Everyone should call to HP support. More diags information to HP support may do better chance for quicker solution .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.