Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
I have made a phoneall 3 weeks ago and still waiting for a call back. Its very simple. They can take a pc from stock and do tests. There are so msny with the same problem that their is need to wair for our call. Its very, that they have no answer and dont want to spend time on this. Otherwise they can come back to us via this forum. Its very disappoiting hiw HP his handling this.
HP Recommended
I have made a phoneall 3 weeks ago and still waiting for a call back. Its very simple. They can take a pc from stock and do tests. There are so many with the same problem that their is no need to wait for our call. Its very simple, that they have no answer and dont want to spend time on this. Otherwise they can come back to us via this forum. Its very disappoiting how HP his handling this.
HP Recommended

In the same boat (ProBook 430 G5)

HP Recommended

Thanks for all the suggestion.

After some communication with HP Customer Service which didn't produce any solution I have sent in the PC two weeks ago. Today I have received it back and the accompanying letter states that they have been able to reproduce the issue and it has been repaired. I have not yet been able to set it up again to confirm that things are working. Once I know for sure I will post it here, but it will take a bit of time.

Walter

HP Recommended

@walter2000: Does the letter says, what was the problem, and what has been repaired? Or it is only some generic letter?

What Bios has your laptop after you got it back. And what is the driver version of the Conexant Sound Card?

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am in the same problem as you, you can tell me what HP has done to repair this concern.

thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

Same problem on my ProBook 470 G5. The "search for changed hardware" workaround helps but here has to be an software update released soon either by HP, Conexant or Microsoft.  What helps as well is to go in sleep mode and after waking up the corrupt process works normal.

HP Recommended

Scan for hardware changes fixes issue only temporarily for me. After a minute the CPU usage is high as before scan. Only restart helps.

HP Recommended

You may have to repeat the Scan for hardware changes. Last time I had to do it three times before the bug stayed away. It is still a lot of easier than restart.

HP Recommended

Do you guys have a preinstalled Win 10?

I have installed the OS by myself and would like to exclude that it has anything to do with this. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.