Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I disabled Fast boot too, but problem still exists!. After waking up, process System (ACPI.sys) highly utilizes CPU. I still didn't received any response from HP support where I opened the ticket :-(. Unbelievable!

HP Recommended

Where did you switch off "fast-startup"? In windows setting or in bios? Did you follow the instructions from the link in my last posting?

It only helps after "coldstart". At "restart" the bug has never appeared from the beginning.

The problem still exists after "sleep" and "hibernation".  Thats the challenge now for the experts and I´m hoping very much that someone is working on this, otherwise it was my first and last HP invest 😉

HP Recommended

OK - you are right, "coldstart" (with fast boot off) is fine now just like "restart". Problem still exists in sleep-wakeup. Every workday, every business meeting etc., I have to start from scratch :indifferent:

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with a brand new ProBook 440 G5 (i7, pre-installed Win 10 Pro). Sometimes after a cold start, the process with name `System` consumes 25 % CPU (and CPU temperature is ~70°C). This is the same as in the first post in this thread:

> Using Microsoft's "Process Explorer" I can see that the time is spent in a thread ACPI.sys+0x21cb0.

And sometimes the CPU usage of `System` is below 1 %, but process flow.exe is consuming ~10–15 % of CPU.

IMHO audio drivers are total garbage. When I disable audio device (Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers >  Conexant ISST > Disable device), CPU usage & temperature drops down – but obviously, I am without sound.

I have manually updated BIOS to the latest version from Jan 30, 2018. I leave the other drivers on Windows Update (it is 2018 and I do not want to manually check the manufacturer's website...).

HP Recommended
Hi, as written a couple of posts before disable the Windoes Fast Start feature and don’t use sleep or hibernate mode, then everything works fine until they fix the problem...
HP Recommended

Hello DaSwedishMan ,

I want to by notebook which you already bought, but I can find any information about speed of SSD M2. Could you please check what a real write / read speed in your SSD?

Thank you in advance!

HP Recommended

ssd.PNG

HP Recommended

Any news regading this issue?

Does anyone got a  useful info from HP on the hotline?

HP Recommended

Nope, no feedback or working solution from HP. Just answering 1-2 technical questions once a week.

HP Recommended

wao, thats much more than expected 🙂

i had the impression the support doesn´t exists at all 😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.