Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ProBook x360 440 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello 

as far as we can tell from the spec sheets, the laptop and Dock are both USB-C charge "enabled" and for the most part, this seems to be true.  

So I used the laptop as a laptop and the power starts to fall. I then attach to dock and the power remains at the power level it was when I plugged it in.  (so doesn't fall anymore.)

I was expecting the laptop battery to increase not settle.  The OS reports Plugged in and has the power symbol on the battery.

I'm just not sure it will ever get charged if they go in and out of meetings it's not going to recover unless they use the real charger.  These are both new and test items for next years rollout.  - any advice is gratefully received...

LAPTOP = HP ProBook x360 440 G1

DOCK = HP USB Type C Dock G4 - 6x USB Ports - 2x USB 2.0 - 2x USB 3.0 - Network (RJ-45) - HDMI - DisplayPort

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I think I found it in the Chipset. 

all looks good now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@CCICT 

From the manual, the x360 440 G1 machines are compatible with the following docks

• HP Elite USB-C Docking Station part # 844550-001
  • HP USB-C Mini Dock part # 935327-001
  • HP USB Travel Dock part # 844551-001

Please check COMPATIBLE list on your dock product.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

OK, I seem to have missed something out.

I pulled another "NEW" laptop from the delivery and it worked fine.

So the bit I forgot to say is this machine has been custom imaged.  Does anyone know what driver is responsible for USB-C Charging?

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-x360-440-g1-notebook-pc/21019718

HP Recommended

I think I found it in the Chipset. 

all looks good now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.