Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Problem with freezing videos

HP Recommended
Zbook 17 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone!

I have got a problem with my notebook. To be more specific, everytime I open a page in a web browser (either in Firefox or in Chrome - doesn't really matter) containing some videos (e.g. YouTube, Netflix, even Facebook with its videos), my computer freezes for like 4 seconds, after that everything goes fine for 2 or 3 seconds, another freeze and finally everything is ok (but sometimes it takes 3 or more freezes to get back to normal). I have been searching for solution to this problem for some time but with no results. I seem to have all the latest drivers and Windows updates etc.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ju1c3
Level 4
51 51 6 13
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had this same thing happening. I downloaded the DEV version of Chrome and no more freezing. I tried everything to get it to work in normal Chrome with no success. I never tried Firefox but IE and Edge played everything fine. 

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
5 REPLIES 5
soccer_dan
Level 8
Level 8
1,195 1,174 74 155
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you confirm you have the latest BIOS and drivers? you can use HP Image Assistant (www.hp.com/go/clientmanagemtne) to do that

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
Nabuchodonozor_
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, almost all of drivers are up to date (excluding Samsung SSD driver, but currently I cannot install it since the installer warns me about erasing all of data on it which I can't afford right now)

ju1c3
Level 4
51 51 6 13
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had this same thing happening. I downloaded the DEV version of Chrome and no more freezing. I tried everything to get it to work in normal Chrome with no success. I never tried Firefox but IE and Edge played everything fine. 

View solution in original post

Nabuchodonozor_
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WOW, switching to DEV version of Chrome solves the problem! Thanks a lot!

ju1c3
Level 4
51 51 6 13
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No problem. I wish I knew what the issue was though. I even took the dev chrome user profile and switched it in to the normal profile and nothing. If you run chrome as a different user on the computer it doesn't freeze either. It has to be something with the Windows profile. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation