Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

We have a Probook 650 G2 that is plugged in an yet says "Not Charging".  When unplugging the power cord it immediately dies.  We have tried two different power cords, and a docking station.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

Hi,

Please follow the steps carefully..

Turn the computer off completely.

Unplug the AC charger.

Start the computer using battery only.

Run for a few minutes & test a few applications.

Turn the computer off completely.

Plug  the AC charger in.

Start the computer in AC mode.

If the steps above didnt work then try the second option

Go to Device manager

Look for the word Battery and double click it

Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery"

Turn off the computer after uninstalling it

Remove the battery then the AC charger

Press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds

Put the battery back in then the charger

Your battery icon should start charging after booting to the main desktop

Cheers!

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended

The battery is not easily removed as I would have to remove the entire underside of the laptop, which I am trying to avoid if I can.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Skip removing the battery if you cant. The proceed to the next step.

Regards

If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended

That did not help at all.  The battery still is not charging, instead it states 0% Plugged in, not charging.  I did go through all of the steps listed.

If we unplug the AC Charger it automatically shuts off so we cannot start the computer using battery power only.

The second steps I went through without unplugging the battery because it is not easy to get to without removing the bottom cover of the laptop.

HP Recommended

On another note, when plugging the power cord into the laptop the charging indicator light flashes white and amber a couple of times then goes out.  It will come back on as an amber color for about 10 seconds then it goes out again and does not come back on.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for the update. Since you are encountering different color modes from the charger try this fix first.

Turn off your computer completely by pressing and holding the power button down for 10 secs

Unplug the charger from the computer

Press and hold the power button for 30 secs (without the charger)

Plug the charger back in and check your computer. Let me know of your progress

Regards

HP Recommended

I am also having trouble with my battery not charging.   I noticed that when I plug in the AC charger, the power button flashes on and then off.   I'm able to use my laptop when plugged in but I've tried uninstalling the "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" and followed your above instructions.   That didn't work so I tried the next step of unplugging the charger & holding the power button for 30 seconds, that didn't work either.    Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Kindly follow the steps below

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/windows-10-update-prevents-bat...

Regards,

ichi

HP Recommended

Same problem with one of our HP ProBook 650 G2's at work.  Will not charge from portable charger or docking station.  Also no power to start up if not on a charger.  Removing the battery for about 20 seconds and reseating it seems to have resolved the issue for now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.