Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBook 15 G5

I would like to buy a 16GB SODIMM RAM module for my ZBook 15 G5 company laptop, which already has a 16GB module on first slot (a Samsung M471A2K43DB1-CTD).

Looking in the service manual, it seems that the HP part number of the RAM chip is the following: 4VN07AA/UT#ABA. However, on the HP site in the page related to 4VN07AA part number I can only see a module whose picture seems a DIMM and not a SODIMM:

http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/oas/product-detail.html?oid=23379317

Is only the picture on HP URL above wrong and the 4VN07AA actually corresponds to a SODIMM chip compatible with my ZBook 15 G5 or there is a mistake in the service manual and/or that part number also corresponds to a DIMM chip (I don't think the latter should be true because a part number must identify a specific unique item). That picture is also the same in my Company's shopping catalogue I must use for work-related purchases.

Put in other words: can I buy a 4VN07AA  and be sure it will fit in my ZBook 15 G5?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who would like to answer.

Pietro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

RAM has arrived, it works well. A colleague of mine told me that I have to put it in slot #2 to use the dual channel.

Anyway, if I had had to wait an answer from this forum before purchasing and mounting the RAM, I would have became old.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I just ordered it after I found the compatibility with my laptop here:

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/V2/GetPDF.aspx/c04808495

I will confirm if it works upon delivery.

HP Recommended

The RAM upgrade should arrive in a few days, but I have another question to anyone who would like to answer (HP staff? Are you here?)

I have 4 slots on my laptop, two are customer accessible, two are placed under the keyboard. The existing RAM module is under the keyboard, so the question is: where do I have to place the additional module to leverage dual channel? In the second slot under the keyboard or in one of the two slots more easily accessible? Maybe in slot 4 which could be the second channel of the second bank?

slot #1 (under the keyboard) : 16GB
slot #2 (under the keyboard) : ?
slot #3 (freely accessible)  : ?
slot #4 (freely accessible)  : ?

Many thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

RAM has arrived, it works well. A colleague of mine told me that I have to put it in slot #2 to use the dual channel.

Anyway, if I had had to wait an answer from this forum before purchasing and mounting the RAM, I would have became old.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.