Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 450 G4 PROBOOK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good-day,

I need to know where the slot for the SIM Card is  on my notebook. I have checked even on the service door but cannot seem to locate the slot. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I wouldn't attempt to add a WWAN module for two reasons.

No sim card slot.  No electronics connections for sim card to work.

The place where the WWAN card goes may exist, but most likely the two antennas also required for the WWAN card to work are probably not present.

Adding WWAN antennas would require complete disassembly of the notebook including the display panel area.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

SIM card slots are optional on that model.

Most likely yours does not have one if it also doesn't have the required mobile broadband (WWAN) adapter either.

If it has a sim card slot, it will be located as shown in the illustration at the link below, chapter 2, page 15.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05306576

The procedure for inserting a sim card can be found in chapter 2 on pp 17-18.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

Thank you for the solution you have provided.

I have used the manual who's link you have provided, the position indicated on pic where the slot is supposed to be is just an empty hole with a sim card size. There is nothing that can hold the sim, etc. So I am not too sure because someone suggested that I add a WWAN Module, which I cannot seem to get clearance on how to go about.

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I wouldn't attempt to add a WWAN module for two reasons.

No sim card slot.  No electronics connections for sim card to work.

The place where the WWAN card goes may exist, but most likely the two antennas also required for the WWAN card to work are probably not present.

Adding WWAN antennas would require complete disassembly of the notebook including the display panel area.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much.

I think the only option I am left with is to resell my probook and buy the correct model that supports SIM Card for data OR continue with this  using a wifi modem.

It does not look like there is anything else that can be done

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, I would be doing that too.

On the older elitebook notebooks, all the slots/antennas were there and all you needed to do was to install a WWAN card.

Now it looks like such is not the case.

HP Recommended

hello, i have a hp elitebook 840 G2 and under batery  i saw a slot sim card but i dont know how working because i instaled a one sim card and not tot do something, i need a driver or something for this? if is somebody which konw better this model of notebook.

HP Recommended

good day

I just purchased hp ProBook 430 g6,i have inserted sim card on the lot but it keep on saying insert the sim I tried different networks with no luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.