Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP PRO 450 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a problem with my sound card drivers or something else which I could not figure out. I am using this company owned notebook in my office. IT responsibles could not figure it out also.

Here is the thing, I had the audio couple of days ago. While listening the music I have paused the media player and did some other stuff for a couple of minutes. When I start a video or music file audio was gone. After restarting the pc audio was back online and samething happened again after couple of minutes. And then the audio is gone forever because restarting does not solve the problem anymore and now I see a cross sign on the audio symbol on the task bar. The error code on the audio symbol is "there is no audio device installed" but i ahve already installed latest conexant audio driver.  Additionally there is an exclamation mark in the device manager for "intel smart sound technology audio controller". The error code for intel smart sound technology is "Due to a problem windows stopped this device. 43"

I am fighthing this problem for a week. I have tried a lot of things to solve the problem but could not success.

1) I had uninstalled driver, restarted computer and installed latest conexant driver.

2) I have formatted the whole operating system directly using windows 10 usb. And updated all the drivers including chipset and audio but the error has come again. And I cannot use the sound, my problem keeps staying alive.

I appreciate any help

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Welcome to HP Forum,

You can try updating the BIOS to the latest version to check on this Issue

Note:Have the PC connected the AC adapter during the update

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-probook-450-g4-notebook-pc/10477253/sw...

After performing a BIOS update,

Load to BIOS-->Main-->Apply factory defaults and Exit / Save the changes.

Load to BIOS--->Advanced-->Built-In-Device options---> Audio Device (Check the option "If It Is not") /Save Changes.

Cheers

Bharath

HP

I am an HP Employee.

Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your precious reply, but i have already updated the bios 2 months ago version is 1.0.6. But I tried the factory reset but still the same.

HP Recommended

Have you checked If the Audio Device Is enabled In BIOS?

Check If the audio driver version that you have downloaded Is 11.47.2307.69 Rev.Q..,,If not ,please use the below link to get the latest one.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-probook-450-g4-notebook-pc/10477253/sw...

I am an HP Employee.

Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have used this version and tried uninstalling Intel smart audio technology controller from device manager. After that I have checked the hardware changes and voila it worked after 1 week. Thank you for your help. I think the main problem comes from Intel graphic driver.

HP Recommended

Have you found a fix?  I am having this same problem on Elitebook 850 G4

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have same problem with sound on HP ProBook 430 G4, BIOS is updated, drivers too. 

HP Recommended

@ceyhunAydn wrote:

I have used this version and tried uninstalling Intel smart audio technology controller from device manager. After that I have checked the hardware changes and voila it worked after 1 week. Thank you for your help. I think the main problem comes from Intel graphic driver.

Thank you so much! Uninstalling Intel Smart Audio Tecnhology driver from Device Manager and checking hardware changes makes the trick.

BTW, for the first time  now I can see "High Definition Audio" driver, many times cited [but you are the first explaining how this can be done] as a solution in the myriad of forums about getting something apparentely simply:  a brand new, full-fledged computer producing any sound!

* Edited  10/25/17*

The problem came back! What to do next??

HP Recommended

Problem keeps getting worse. Problem appears everyday when I paused something on media player. Intel smart audio technology is problematic. I uninstall it and then it is activated somehow I don't know how. But it messes things up. Now I am getting error code 10 for intel smart audio technology in devmanagement. And I can't fix it, either this laptop is a potato or this intel İ7 is not an actual i7 it's definetely and i0,5. I am getting really angry because of this issue. If the laptop is not an company machine i would throw it in an abbys. Please do not tell get the computer to the IT staff of my company, because they are dumbest people on earth. They say "we cannot fix it, we are sorry that you could not use audio of the machine anymore."

HP Recommended

ceyhunAydn wrote:

Problem keeps getting worse...

As a suggestion, buying an external sound card (like Fiio K1 DAC USB)  will be a real solution!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.