Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello.  I'm having an issue when opening my laptop.  Every time I lift the screen to open my laptop, there is resistance on the rights side of the laptop hinge that is starting to separate the screen from the casing.  This is the second laptop I have purchased with the same exact issue.  I ended up having to discard my last laptop since no one from HP was able to help me with this well known issue.  I replaced it with a new one, which was costly, but now it is starting to happen all over again.  Aside from this issue the laptop has been great.  This has become a frustrating issue since I depend on my laptop and I really don't have time to send it out to get fixed.  Can you please propose a solution??? Not sure if I am still under warranty.  In addition to this laptop, I have been a loyal HP customer and have purchased 3 other HP laptops  and a network printer for my family in the past 2 years.  I'd appreciate a fair resolution to this.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ptheo30, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there, I have the very same issue reported by Ptheo30 on this thread. It opened my laptop around 20 minutes ago and I heard a "crack' noise. The screen turned on but I didn't open the screen any further assuming something was not right. I can't even close the lid anymore (or at least I didn't try too hard). Screen is at a 90 degrees angle right now, enough opening for been able to look up at the forums and write this message.  I can see a gap between the LCD screen and the lid on the bottom-right corner of the screen. I also read this is a common problem on the  hp x360 laptops and, to be honest, this is very disappointing for a over $1000 laptop.

I have been buying hp laptops for personal use since 2001 so I hope I can get a solution from the support team as soon as possible.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

I just spoke to an actual person on the Support Line and they just said the laptop is out of warranty and because I didn't buy a warranty extension there is nothing they can do and that I need to take it to a local repair place. I asked if there was anything else they could helped me with since my laptop is a little over 2 years old, kind of expensive unit and I have been buying HP laptops since 2001. They answer was just the same, no warranty, no help.

This is very disappointing, paying this much money for a device that has an obvious design and factory defect and no help from HP is just not right. If I knew two years ago this model wouldn't last more than two years, I would just buy the cheapest crap I could find and probably it would just be on better shape than this model. By the way, my laptop is on excellent condition because I do take care of it (no scratches, never been dropped, never been damaged on any way).

I will check if it can be repaired on a "local repair place" and hopefully it won't be too expensive, otherwise, bye-bye HP and I will move on to a reliable brand.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.