Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was reading HP Forum answer to : "Should I keep laptop plugged in all the time even when it's fully charged?" at below link;

Solved: Should I keep laptop plugged in all the time even when it's ... - HP Support Community - 693...

But The answer was confusing because he wrote it may save repeated "battery charging cycles" Which means It has benefits of keeping plugged in. Then the technical guy wrote; "it might eventually wear down a battery a little more quickly." Which means there is no benefit of keeping laptop plugged in. 

Now it is confusing. Please clear doubt whether it is beneficial or harmful I thought it was better to keep battery plugged in for 4 days in a week & on battery power for remaining days. What should be done ? 

Warmest regards

Prasan

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

since you do not mention your HP model, it is hard to answer your question in the vacuum... read this advisory ( https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06179452 ) and set the 'Battery Health Manager' setting accordingly - if your system meets the requirements and the BIOS is up to date

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

HP 15s Core i5 10th Gen  is the model. Now please answer the above Question. 

Sir your link has long & complicated answer. I am not a technical person. Please help. 

HP Recommended

Yours is a consumer class notebook. I suggest you post your question on the appropriate Forum. This forum engages users with business/commercial class devices and the BIOS and applications tend to be different enough that an answer to your need requires the right resources

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.