cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Should I keep laptop plugged in all the time even when it's fully charged?

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was reading HP Forum answer to : "Should I keep laptop plugged in all the time even when it's fully charged?" at below link;

Solved: Should I keep laptop plugged in all the time even when it's ... - HP Support Community - 693...

But The answer was confusing because he wrote it may save repeated "battery charging cycles" Which means It has benefits of keeping plugged in. Then the technical guy wrote; "it might eventually wear down a battery a little more quickly." Which means there is no benefit of keeping laptop plugged in. 

Now it is confusing. Please clear doubt whether it is beneficial or harmful I thought it was better to keep battery plugged in for 4 days in a week & on battery power for remaining days. What should be done ? 

Warmest regards

Prasan

3 REPLIES 3
Level 8
Level 8
1,145 1,145 71 143
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

since you do not mention your HP model, it is hard to answer your question in the vacuum... read this advisory ( https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06179452 ) and set the 'Battery Health Manager' setting accordingly - if your system meets the requirements and the BIOS is up to date

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 15s Core i5 10th Gen  is the model. Now please answer the above Question. 

Sir your link has long & complicated answer. I am not a technical person. Please help. 

0 Kudos
Level 8
Level 8
1,145 1,145 71 143
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yours is a consumer class notebook. I suggest you post your question on the appropriate Forum. This forum engages users with business/commercial class devices and the BIOS and applications tend to be different enough that an answer to your need requires the right resources

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation