Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
10-p013TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys!

I just bought a HPx2 Detachable 10-p013TU notebook and I've tried to use a 200 GB micro SD, but it is not properly working. Do you know what is the maximum capacity of a microSD which should I use for this type of notebook? Or what do I have to do to use my 200 GB Sandisk micro SD?

Thank you for your support/ advice!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Wow! That is a seriously high capacity micro SD.

While booted into Windows have you tried using the Disk Management utility which is available by right-clicking the Windows icon in the systray?

If it is visible in the Disk manager utility, you may have to create a partition and format it as NTFS.

FAT32 does have a 32GB capacity limit.

I check the manual for your X2 and verified that it does support SDXC media cards. There is no capacity limit mentioned in the specifications.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05227773

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Wow! That is a seriously high capacity micro SD.

While booted into Windows have you tried using the Disk Management utility which is available by right-clicking the Windows icon in the systray?

If it is visible in the Disk manager utility, you may have to create a partition and format it as NTFS.

FAT32 does have a 32GB capacity limit.

I check the manual for your X2 and verified that it does support SDXC media cards. There is no capacity limit mentioned in the specifications.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05227773

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi Erico! Thanks for your advice, I'll try your solution and I'll let you know. Yes, it is a huge microSD and I bought it because the notebook memory is only 64GB.

Rgds, Danyel75

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.