Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Storage on MicroSd

HP Recommended
10-p013TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys!

I just bought a HPx2 Detachable 10-p013TU notebook and I've tried to use a 200 GB micro SD, but it is not properly working. Do you know what is the maximum capacity of a microSD which should I use for this type of notebook? Or what do I have to do to use my 200 GB Sandisk micro SD?

Thank you for your support/ advice!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,969 42,194 4,651 12,422
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wow! That is a seriously high capacity micro SD.

While booted into Windows have you tried using the Disk Management utility which is available by right-clicking the Windows icon in the systray?

If it is visible in the Disk manager utility, you may have to create a partition and format it as NTFS.

FAT32 does have a 32GB capacity limit.

I check the manual for your X2 and verified that it does support SDXC media cards. There is no capacity limit mentioned in the specifications.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05227773

I am not an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,969 42,194 4,651 12,422
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wow! That is a seriously high capacity micro SD.

While booted into Windows have you tried using the Disk Management utility which is available by right-clicking the Windows icon in the systray?

If it is visible in the Disk manager utility, you may have to create a partition and format it as NTFS.

FAT32 does have a 32GB capacity limit.

I check the manual for your X2 and verified that it does support SDXC media cards. There is no capacity limit mentioned in the specifications.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05227773

I am not an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Danyel75
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Erico! Thanks for your advice, I'll try your solution and I'll let you know. Yes, it is a huge microSD and I bought it because the notebook memory is only 64GB.

Rgds, Danyel75

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation