Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Mine is on auto. Figured it should work out of box, so didn't want to go changing anything...

HP Recommended

Afer all the updates and week soak

Display 

From a cold boot (laptop off, plugged into the dock, press power button on the dock) the system usually configures both monitors at the correct resolution.  Occasionally the system will boot with #1 monitor blinking on and off every 10 seconds or so and #2 monitor completely blank.  Have to disconnect/reconnct to the docking station and then #2 monitor is the wrong resolution so it has to be reset manually.

From an on state, disconnecting from the dock then reconnecting later #2 monitor is always the wrong resolution and has to be reset manually.

USB

From a cold boot (laptop off, plugged into the dock, press power button on the dock) with all peripherals plugged into the dock no USB devices are recognized.  Even after logging into Windows using the laptop keyboard the USB on the dock was not enumerated and had to plug KB and mouse directly into the laptop.

From an on state, disconnecting from the dock then reconnecting, USB devices are detected.

HP Recommended

I like to use the VGA port of the DOCK3 with my ZBook 15 G3 (because I have KVM switch connected). Even I have updated all firmware and drivers to the latest versions, if I connect my HP Compaq LA2006x monitor to the VGA port of the dock the display scales to 1280x960 without the chance to switch to any other mode. The info screen of my monitor won't show this resolution (1280x960) instead it shows "H=80kHz V=75Hz". Also, the LA2006x monitor will not be  recognised by Windows 7, it's only a "Generic Monitor".

If I connect the VGA cable direct to the ZBook, everything is perfect: The monitor will display as LA2006x and the resolution is automaticly switched to 1600x900. So I assume this is a driver problem? Has anyone experience with a "DisplayPort to VGA" adapter?

HP Recommended

I have come across the same issue with no fix. Has anyone found a fix for this display issue?

HP Recommended

Same problem here. Still no solution

HP Recommended

I use the dock with 2 screens on display port.

When the screens blink I push the powerbutton on the dock to switch it off and push it again to switch it on again.

After that action the screen(s) stop blinking.

At the moment that is for me the quickest way to get rid of it.

(Before I changed something like the orientation in the "screen resolution"setting and back. but that costs more time)

HP Recommended

I have to redraw my work around with the powerbutton.

It does not always work.

Yesterday I even had to reboot because every screen went black.

I was forced to do a diskcheck (which was ok).

At this moment I just change the orientation of the blinking screens in "Screen resolution" and back to the original resolution.

Is annoying but it does the trick.

HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for the replys, so I know that I'm not the only one with display problems. I have opend a support case yesterday evening, I will update you as I got new informations.

HP Recommended

I've been having similar issues since I got my Studio a month or two ago. This dock is the worst device I've ever used.

HP Recommended

Very likely, but just wondering if you have all updated to the latest August 8th drivers?  My monitor blinking issues stopped when coming back from a locked screen etc, but I only have one monitor at the moment.  Do you have these issues when you only use one monitor?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-ZBook-Docking-station-update-August-8-2016/td-p/5...

Check that the drivers were actually installed by following the "Where to Verify" in the out-of-date advisory:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=8693763&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c05...

As of right now, for me anyway, the final issue with the Zbook dock is the periodic keyboard repeats and mouse lag.  Those are bypassed by hooking the keyboard and mouse directly to the laptop until the bugs are fixed.

Likely unrelated, but my graphics setting are set to auto and things are working.  I see that my Nvidia M2000M is assigned to what appears to be all open applications in the Nvidia control panel.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.