Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi, Having massive issues with the dock, (biggest POS ever i reckon?) Spent hours going round in circles with the usual error messages, Not is use etc. Got rid of most of that. Managed to get Thunderbolt software installed but it doesn't pick up the device.

It knows its there as the second monitor works, the ethernet works but no USB or audio. It even tells me to plug in a bigger power supply! Really? Its a 230W dock with a 230W supply!  System tells me no Thunderbolt Controller is installed? 

Going round in circles here? Any thoughts? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Turns out the first Tech who was out upgraded the BIOS and it obviously screwed the settings for the dock.  

Dived in, fiddled a few settings and it all burst into life. HP reckoned the update restored it to factory settings, aka the dock doesn't connect. What a great update!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@SMS63 

It is compatible with the following machines

Compatible with HP Elite x2 1012 G1; HP Elite x2 1012 G2; HP Pro x2 612 G2; HP EliteBook Folio G1; HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2; HP EliteBook x360 1020 G2; HP EliteBook 1040 G4; HP EliteBook 800 G5; HP EliteBook 700 G5; HP ProBook 600 G4; HP ProBook 400 G5; ZBook 14u G5; ZBook 15u G5

Is your machine on the list ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Considering it worked fine until HP support were out and completely buggered up my laptop installing the wrong chipset drivers etc and now they're correctly installed the dock isn't picked up although the video and Ethernet work though it. Audio and USB are dead. 

so I would surmise your question is pretty banal, not very useful.  You don't work for HP support do you 🙂 

ps it's a Zbook Studio G5 Workstation with an I9 chipset 

HP Recommended

Turns out the first Tech who was out upgraded the BIOS and it obviously screwed the settings for the dock.  

Dived in, fiddled a few settings and it all burst into life. HP reckoned the update restored it to factory settings, aka the dock doesn't connect. What a great update!

HP Recommended

The Thunderbolt Dock G2 230 watt is compatible with all the Zbook TB3 equipped laptops too and is specifically recommended as a workstation accessory by HP. I am using it with a ZBook G5 17 and it works very well with all the latest firmware. I deactivated the Thunderbolt security  in bios, it's not needed with locally attached TB3 peripherals and actively prevents TB3 from being recognized in Device Manager. To update firmware you must disconnect all connections to the G2 Dock.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.