Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 16 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 16-f1000 (508R7AV)

HP Support is more of an oxy moron that reality. I can't even add details to an open ticket issue. for HP SUPPORT ASSIST

AND LAYERS only waste time

[Personal Information Removed]

HP Spectre BIOS
Product: 67W82UA
Serial: [Personal Information Removed]
UEFI: 8.5.0:0
BIOSDATE:09.20.22
Revision:F.12
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 (64-bit)

1. First let me make this very clear. The installed HP tools caused this issue. The BIOS update was lisated as a critical update. I did the update as reccomended by YOUR HP ASSISTANT SOFTWARE

2. The issue is now well documented by several users in Multiple forums regarding inability to open the signature file which fails the update, the specific hardware creatign the issue has not been identified

3. I / WE need a resolution to this ASAP. This needs to be escalated to an Engineer and above, within HP.

4. RESOLUTION will include at least one of three options: Letting it go until the warranty has expired
IS NOT A SOLUTION
A. Allow me to downgrade the BIOS or provide a workaround for a complete solution, or allow this to happen.
B. Publish a newer BIOS that fixes this KNOWN, and aged issue. Other than suggesting an outside
AT ADDITIONAL Expense Fix.
C. HP can also provide a new motherboard with a functioning BIOS that is the most direct solution.

At any rate this is an HP caused issue, it therefore should be an HP RESOLUTION.

5. CMOS reset WIN+V+Power Button, does nothing to resolve still receive Sign file error.

This is a brand new device purchased in Oct 2022, I have worked with your techs no less 2-3 times
without a permanent solution.

Why does it not open the .sig file?
If there is no option to downgrade the BIOS, or update it correctly, a replacement Motherboard with above
completely working BIOS, is the only and obvious SOLUTION.

Researching the issue deeper the following was also found:
Flashing the modded rom through any method isn’t going to remove this code so the sig file check will still happen. I’ve had people experiment with flashing via InsydeFlash.exe, fptw.exe, the recovery utility, etc, NADA!
ALSO confirming a new Motherboard is the quickest and BEST solution.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @jaxdombeck,

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message works, Click Here to learn about it.

Take care and have a nice day.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.