Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Zbook 15 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to buy smart card for my laptop but I don't know what type of SC that my laptop can recognize. My laptop HP Zbook 15 G1 has an Integrated Smart Card Reader. Someone could give some guideline? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@TruongDuong 

The reader can read 99.99% standard Smart cards. I don't think you can buy on market, you need to buy a service from providers.

Does your company supply smart card for you ? I used to work in a company which gave me a SC to allow me to logon to its computer remotely for many years. My company switched to a different way to logon now. They also gave me a token which allowed me to logon to few different machines remotely. I'm a retiree now, I had to return all cards including a Visa card to get into some buildings and it also worked as a normal Visa card.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Well, I just want's to use is for BitLocker

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.