Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP PROBOOK 44O G7 (6X55AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear sir

Please help me about upgrading ram. My laptop is Running with a ram of 8GB 3200mhz (as per BIOS) and through the task manager it showing as 2667mhz. and I would like to add 16gb memory module from crucial  to get total ram of 16+8GB=24GB total.  my qustions as below.

1. will theSystem support of 24 GB

2. which ram need to buy 2666 or 3200

3. if 24 gb not supported then can we use 16 in dual channel by adding 8GB ram module

4. will void the warranty, if it is done through authorized service center, 

rgds

deepak

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same question. Did you try? thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Hi

HP Recommended

Hi

I had upgraded my laptop memory to 24gb ram , by adding 16gb 2666mhz ddr4 ram 1.2v . and my system running currently at a speed of 2667mhz. 

current configuration as below

8gb micron ddr4 3200mhz

16b crucial ddr4 2666mhz

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.