Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Zbook 15 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, on my zbook 15 G3 with Windows 10 I have noticed that my USB 3.0 charging port (the one of the three USB that has this power) is active even after the system has shut down (so, the usb dock connected is on). The other two USB don't do the same. The battery of course is inside the laptop but the power supply is disconnected.

In Windows 10 I have already disabled the "fast start" option.

Is there any option on the bios or something else I can check to make this USB port shut off?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes in the BIOS you can turn off the usb charging port option altogether:

https://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=8693763&MEID=C27C3C99-9C18-4D2A-8995-6D0404229467

Above is a link to the BIOS simulator but you want to go to the advanced options/port options/turn off usb charge. It is automatically set to turn off if the laptop is in sleep with no AC adapter and battery charge falls below 10%. 

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if its the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Yes in the BIOS you can turn off the usb charging port option altogether:

https://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=8693763&MEID=C27C3C99-9C18-4D2A-8995-6D0404229467

Above is a link to the BIOS simulator but you want to go to the advanced options/port options/turn off usb charge. It is automatically set to turn off if the laptop is in sleep with no AC adapter and battery charge falls below 10%. 

Post back with any other questions and please accept as solution if its the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much Huffer, this is interesting! However, looks like I can't set that option to turn it off completely with no AC no matter what (of course I want it on when the system is on). That is, 10% is fixed number, I can't modify this percentage, right?

HP Recommended

I happen to use a Zbook 15 G3. Right now I am imaging the hard drive so it is not available but in a couple hours I will check the actual BIOS as opposed to the emulated BIOS and will see what is possible. I think if you just uncheck the usb charge box the ports will be dead when the laptop is turned off but I will check that. 

HP Recommended

Thank you. I'm at home now on my laptop and I checked that bios setting, it doeas allow you for changing the percentage! That's nice enough.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.