Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
440g6

Unfortunatelly I have bought HP laptop... Why unfortunatelly  ? I bought it cos it has USB-C charging port - Great I can have one charger for my phone, tablet and laptop. But no ! this port (or this laptop) is kind of mistake.

Because of that:

https://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c06154785

What kind of idiot designed this ? I had in my hands cheaper Huawei etc and in those notebooks it simply works. Here no, u have to buy stupid big charger (physicly) minimum 65W, cos smaller will NOT WORK !

Is there any way to fix it using some kind of trick in UEFI or smth ? Can HP change firmware to accept 45W chargers ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello

did you buy even the USB-C Mini Dock or just the Probook 440 G6 ?

bye

HP Recommended

No i did not. I dont want to USB-C mini dock. I want a charger for USB-C for probook 440g6

HP Recommended

Hello

in that case you can charge the 440 G6 either with a USB-C 45W adapter o a barrel 45W adapter.

In case you use a 65W you get the Fast Change feature, it menas battery charge faster.

65W is also needed if you connect the HP USB-C mini Dock, as the power need for 440 G6 + USB-C Mini is more than 45W.

Stardard Power supply used with 440 G6 with integrated Intel Graphics card is 45W, either with USB-C or barrel connector works fine.

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.