Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Spectre 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ethernet on my USB-C universal docking station has stopped; guessing it's a software issue as both the office and home docking stations have the same issue

downloaded the latest drivers and BIOS, made no differance

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@paulFerndown

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

May I know since when are you facing this issue

Are you using HP USB-C universal docking stations?

Keep me posted

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am using two HP USB-C universal docking stations (X7W54AA#ABB); I have them at home and the office - On Saturday 17.11.18 I noticed I couldn't access the Internet from my laptop but everything else in the house worked fine. I connected a USB-Ethernet adaptor to my HP Spectre 360 and could connect once more - I assumed the HP USB-C Docking Station to be faulty. On Monday 19.11.18, I went to my office and had the same problem all over again. Either it is a huge coincidence that both docking stations failed at the same time; or more likely, there has been a software change on the 17th which has affected the docking stations. To add to the mystery, I purchased a new docking station (1MK33AA), which arrived yesterday, which worked straight out of the box - I still beleive there is a software issue affecting the old docking stations - £440 to replace the two docking stations is a lot of money Paul  

HP Recommended

@paulFerndown

Thanks for keeping me posted

I suggest you update the latest Firmware from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elite-usb-c-docking-station/9703007/model/970300...

Keep me posted how it goes

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.